Vincent Van Gogh
My favourite artist is Vincent Van Gogh. He was born in Groot-Zundert, Holland. The son of a pastor, brought up in a religious and cultured atmosphere, Vincent was highly emotional and lacked self-confidence. Between 1860 and 1880, when he finally decided to become an artist, van Gogh had had two unsuitable and
unhappy romances and had worked unsuccessfully as a clerk in a bookstore, an art salesman, and a preacher in the Borinage (a dreary mining district in Belgium), where he was dismissed for overzealousness. He remained in Belgium to study art, determined to give happiness by creating beauty. The works of his early Dutch period are somber-toned, sharply lit, genre paintings of which the most famous is "The Potato Eaters" (1885). In that year van Gogh went to Antwerp where he discovered the works of Rubens and purchased many Japanese prints.
Dangerous things you should never do!
- Running with scissors
- Running while eating a pair of scissors
- Asking someone to throw you a pair of scissors
- Riding a bike down a steep hill
- Riding your bike down a steep hill while picking your nose with a pencil
- Riding your bike down a steep hill with your eyes closed while no handed
- Riding your bike down a steep, bumpy hill with your eyes closed, no handed while picking your nose with a pencil
- Jumping off a cliff
- jumping off a cliff while eating a pair of scissors
- Jumping off a cliff while eating a pair of scissors and picking your nose with pencils
- Eating a nail
- Eating a hamburger then realising it was a box of nails.
- Bungy jumping
- Bungy jumping while playing with a knife
- Bungy jumping while playing with a knife while eating scissors
- Bungy jumping while playing with a knife, eating scissors and pencils
- Eating a lit bomb
- Eating a big round chocolate egg but realising it was actually a bomb